Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

My wife who lives in the USA is completing a spouse visa

Hi my wife who lives in the USA is completing a spouse visa application. I am a British citizen residing in the UK. We will be using my cash savings solely as the means to meet the financial requirment threshold.Under the employment section of the application form, the following question is being asked:"Does [SPONSORS NAME] have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?"This question does not make any sense as I, the sponsor living in the UK, am not returning from anywhere, and since I am self employed, I have not provided details of my self employment, since the combination of cash savings and self-employment can not be used. What is the correct answer for this?Looking to hear back from registered immigration advisors/solicitors only please.

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

The Answer is No - This applies if you were returning back to the UK with your wife to the UK. This does not apply in your case. The cash savings provisions means that you will not be required to show the £18,600 financial requirement.

Yes it is correct self employed and cash savings cannot be combined

Are you there?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes I am - thanks for the guidance

Your welcome

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
A quick follow up

Sure

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is it beneficial to provide a cover letter explaining my wife's work experience so far in the US and her intentions to work in the UK, because so far the application has not asked anything about her employment or financial situation at all.

It is not necessary but won't do any harm just to show that she intends to work and hence pay taxes and N.I contributions by way of contributing to the UK economy!

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay great thanks very much for your help - I really appreciate it. Of course will provide a positive rating. Stay safe and have a good day!

You too!