Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I need to apply to settle in the UK by June. I've been in

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need to apply to settle in the UK by June. I've been in the UK for (almost) 5 years but my wife and daughter have joined me later. By that time my wife will not have spent 5 years in the UK. What are the options for her? Can she still apply with me or can she get some sort of visa while my application is being considered?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Just checking online documentation now, no paperwork. We leave in the UK, and we're from Ukraine.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.

Hi How can I help

I will read your question

Which visa are you on and are there your dependants?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Tier 2 work visa (also shortage occupation)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
They have dependant visas
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry, can't talk right now.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I mean, phone.

Ignore the phone call - when do their visas expire and when did they arrive to the UK?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
their visas expire basically in the same time as mine. They arrived in 2016... I think. More than a year after me.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
let me take a look at the visas, I'll tell you exact dates.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
yeah all 3 visas expire at 17-06-2020

When did you arrived and when did you dependants enter the UK?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Give me a minute

Sure take your time

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have arrived in June 2015, my wife and daughter joined me in July 2016. That's approximate times, couldn't find the passports fast enough, but it won't be much off.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm pretty sure that changed recently cause last time I checked (in November i think) it was 3 years of continious leave for the dependants. Now it says 5, and i couldn't find detailed guidance.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/you-have-a-work-visa/tier-2-general-visa

Dependant's in your case would need to wait as they arrived post 9th July 2012 and need to complete 5 years. You would need to apply first and then they can apply on form SET 0 once complete 5 years

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But their visas will expire by that time? Should I apply to extend them while my application is being considered?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Also my daughter seems to be qualifying to apply along with me...

Yes you must apply for their extension - yes your daughter can apply at the same time with you. Your wife needs the extension to apply and complete full 5 years as your PBS dependant Migrant

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thanks

Please do provide a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit thanks

Thamks