How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1839
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

If my current visa expires on the 30 July and i wish to

This answer was rated:

If my current visa expires on the 30 July and i wish to switch to another visa, how late can I apply? What if the waiting time to hear back if its successful goes past the expiry date of my current visa?

Hi, I am a UK Lawyer and will be assisting you with this matter today. Please note, there can sometimes be delays between messages. Thank you.

Which visa are you on?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
youth mobility tier 5

Which visa are you looking to switch?

You can apply on or before 30th July

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
unmarried partner visa

Provided you apply on or before online - you will not be penalised for not being able to book appointment even if your visa expires. The Home Office is fully aware of the Covid-19 situation

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok great thanks, ***** ***** about being forced to leave

No worries.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what will my visa status be classified during this limbo period?

Before you go, I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
can i still work?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
sorry one more question

Your visa would be continued by virtue of section 3C of the Immigration Act, your application will be deemed pending - you will not be considered as a overstayer or be forced to leave the UK.

Lawyer21 and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok great