Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

Im trying to find how to get married to somebody stuck in

Im trying to find how to get married to somebody stuck in another country at the moment and they are refusing to let her leave the country any advice would be usefull
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a British Citizen living in the U.K my partner is originally from the U.K and is now stuck in South Africa and the home office will not issue her with a new passport unless we can prove we are getting married
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No i have not so any advice would be appreciated
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My partner is born here and is a professional Nurse they will not relaease her new passport to her

Hi, I am a UK Lawyer and will be assisting you with this matter today. Please note, there can sometimes be delays between messages. Thank you.

I will read your question and respond

Which visa is your partner on?

Which passport did your partner travel to South Africa on?

Are you there?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
She has lived and working in South Africa for many years so has both passports unfortunately they had both expired so she has applied for new ones which is taken very long under the current circumstances

Both passports - you also mean a British passport?

Currently all Embassies/Consultants are closed as you pointed out due to the virus. The way forward be to send out a email to chase up the matter.