Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

My wife Sarai is Canadian. born and resident. We got married

Customer Question

Hi, my wife Sarai is Canadian. I am UK born and resident. We got married 8th September 2019. Sarai left UK (was on holiday Visa) for Canada 10th March and submitted a Spousal Visa, plus paying premium for priority process. It is stuck in system with Immigration due to COVID. What we would like to know is that if she retrieves her passport from the VFS office in Vancouver, can she travel back to the UK now on a holiday Visa? Then fly back to Canada when they finally process the Spousal Visa to collect and return to the UK?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Yes, we have an email to confirm the application is with UK government but that they are not processing
JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: we spoke to a local immigration specialist, paid him £1200 to check over the visa before submission, but I have no confidence in him given the experience we had leading up to submission
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 1 year ago.

Further to your question, this is not allowed as you cannot travel to the UK whilst your Entry Clearance Application is in process. Kindly note that we have had some news that the visa application centers will be opening this month so hopefully it wont be much longer until the application is decided.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response. Given that we paid for priority, are we able to seek a refund for that element?

Unfortunately not as when you purchase the priority service it just means that your application will be dealt with ahead of all other applications.

Kind Regards

Please do let me know whether I can be of any further assistance otherwise please do accept my answer.

Kind Regards