Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I am an australian citizen who is completely self

hi..i am an australian citizen who is completely self sufficient.I have been living here( i have an apartment lease)for 1 year. I leave the country at least every 6 months .I want to have a resident permit so i do not have to leave every 6 months and possibly to work here
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i have taken no steps.I have filed no papers.I live mostly in the UK-i have a 2 year rental on an apartment in the centre of London.I am an Australian citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am financially self sufficient as my family own and run an international business in Singapore

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks

Are you looking to start up a business in the UK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i am not

What are you essentially looking to do, establish residency?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just want to live here without having to leave every 6 months...also may want to work at some stage...but not for the coming year at least

Are you in a relationship?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am married to a US citizen who resides in Singapore where our family business has its head office

If you are not looking to study, establish a business, are in a relationship =with theses visas you would be allowed to stay more than 6 months.

So when you come to the UK is it for business or other reason?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my eldest son is in London at university

I see

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i came just to live...i am independently wealthy and wanted to live in London to see theatre and enjoy my life

Do you have 2 million pounds to invest? This alternative way although not the idea for most people.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have that kind of spare money to invest

Then there is no route unfortunately - your eldest son Tier 4 Student visa does not allow parents (as dependants) to enter the UK for more than six months.

I dont have that kind of spare money to invest - that is a lot of money!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wow...that is not what i have been told by other friends who moved here and are noe living and working here...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
plus...all of this information i saw on the government website...it isnt really a specialist solution

On which visas? Have their children become settled or naturalised as British so that they can then invite there are parent's as Adult dependants?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have no children

So which visas did they come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
came to work...waited for work...then applied

There is nothing like this - may have been many years ago - certainly not now I'm afraid.

You can certainly contact the Home Office should you wish to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok...bye

UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300(###) ###-####br/>Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

Before you go, I would be grateful if you will give me a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lol

I appreciate this is not the answer you may have bee looking for - but I must tell you the rules as they stand. Take care and all the best

The purpose of the rating is to assist others and continue to provide a high level of service on Justanswer. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the issue i was given only the information i could get on the site...i see now that this isnt the service i was looking for...an immigration lawyer who specialises in these matters

I appreciate this is not the answer you may have bee looking for - but I must tell you the rules as they stand. Take care and all the best - you are more than welcome to seek a second opinion.