Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am looking for an immigration advise about my current

Good morning,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am looking for an immigration advise about my current situation to secure my settlement
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: 1, I have read legal documentation available on Gov.uk. 2. No I haven't filed any paperwork yet, I would like to do so with a professional lawyer. 3. I live in the UK. 4. Kazakhstan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir/Madam,
Currently I hold 5 year residence card as a non-eea family member, which was issued in November 2016. My marriage broke down due to difficult circumstances, but wasn't annulled and I I being a direct family member of an eea national. However I have lost any contact with him. All together I have lived in the UK for continuous 10,5 years and applied for my current residence card in 2012. I would like to if I can apply for a permanent residence, without completing 5 years by residence, but take into accout the time of had been waiting for the decision of home office (The UKVI).

Hi thank you for your message, so the total time you have been resident in the UK is how long over 10 years?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I entered the UK by Tier 4 general Student Visa on the 8th September 2009.

I understand and then when did that end?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was valid until 31/10/2010. However before my Tier 4 Visa expires, I've submitted an application as a family member of an EEA national.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was issued a residence document for 12 months and applied for a residence card in June 2012.

Yes so you have been UK resident for well over the 5 year period required for citizenship and not on a student visa. You will need an immigration solicitor to make the application for you that is not something we can do on this service. If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case immigration law. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear mr Aldermartin, I do understand I need a legal representative. I was only seeking for an answer for 2 question. Am I liable for permanent residence without completing 5 years after having been issued a residence card or the time when I filed my application as a direct family member of an EEA national could be count towards 5 years to apply for a permanent residence. I have been married EEA national since 2010.

Yes from what you have said it seems you are eligible for permanent residence. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Glad I could help, take care.