Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I have a question about the UK spousal visa. I plan to marry

Hello, I have a question about the UK spousal visa. I plan to marry my spouse in Venezuela, once it is safe to travel again. We intend to apply for a spousal visa as soon as I have fulfilled the 6 month working requirement and saved enough money for the visa. My question is, we only lived together for 2 months in Colombia before I came back to the UK, and we have no proof since he was living in my house, and I was paying the internet bill (the only household bill). I was on a tourist visa at the time, and he is living in Colombia without papers so neither of us had a bank account. How do I go about proving the relationship is real if we have no proof that we lived together? Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No. I'm a British citizen, he is Venezuelan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have photographs, visa stamps of your visit/stay in Colombia?

When did you travel?

How are you currently communicating?

Are you married? If so when?

Are you there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have photos, whatsapp messages, facebook messages. I travelled there in November, we met in February and started a relationship on the 8th March. We intend to get married in November, as long as I am allowed to travel by then.I intend to travel to Venezuela, where he will meet me (he is currently in Colombia). We haven't had an official engagement yet, but he is planning to buy me a ring and do a proper proposal when I go back in November.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I came back on the 5th of May, so we have 2 months living together. Yes, I have entry / exit stamps

This all counts as evidence and it is important that you continue to retain evidence of how you met and evidence to show that your relationship continues to be durable and subsisting. The flight tickets would also assist. You need to keep all messages, itemised telephone calls etc

Thank you, ***** ***** this information has helped

Thank you for your question today

Before you go, I would be grateful if you will give me a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We talk on Whatsapp video every day, I don't think that gets logged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be useful to show that he now lives in the house that I own in Colombia? He has now taken over the internet contract

All telephone calls, video calls are logged so you can retain such evidence as well. Yes that shows that your relationship is serious (property that you own in Colombia)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you for your time :)

Most welcome - it was a pleasure assisting you today

The purpose of the rating is to continue to assist others and provide a high level of service on Justanswer. Thank you