Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I have been with my husband for 8 years and have 2 children

Customer Question

I have been with my husband for 8 years and have 2 children from him age of 6/7 and pregnant again I'm a heart patient from birth I called my husband over on a spouse visa as soon as my partner got a british passport he left me for 1 year and went bk to Pakistan he came bk and stayed another 6 months and now gone bk I'm in a abuse relation ship with him I can't say nothing to him as soon as I speak up he threatens to divorce me what help can I get so that his british passport can be taken off him
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm a british citizen and I called him over 8 years ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: No I rang up the home office and they said because he has a british passport now I can't do nothing about it but his behaviour towards changed soon as he got his passport and keeps threting to leave me I'm heavily 5 months pregnant and I want him to come bk and help me with the kids and my health but he said he will come when he wants to
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes his behaviour has changed since he has the british passport he has never supported me financially iv been claiming as a single mum for a very long time my relation ship is with him only because of my kids he listens to his family and spends all his time with them if I say or ask him anything he will start shouting at me
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He only married me for the passport and does not care about my health or the kids he listens to his family what ever they say his mentioned to me loads of times that I have a british passport now if yoy don't listen to me I will divorce you and il will get married again I don't care because I have a british passport now I feel used and abused
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 2 months ago.

I am really sorry to hear about your situation, however once a person is a British National then that nationality cannot be taken away from him. Kindly note that the only grounds is, if he commits a serious criminal offence and even only then an order has to be made by the Secretary of State.

I would strongly recommend that you seek assistance from a Domestic Violence Charity.

Kind Regards

Please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance otherwise please do accept my answer.

Kind Regards