james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am looking for someone who can help me with my mum who

I am looking for someone who can help me with my mum who lives in UK to see if we could move her to the USA I have been here for 22 years on a green card is this something you could help with?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no we have not started. I live in the USA I am a UK citizen over her on a green card
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we would be looking for someone who can manage The Whole process as I am an only child my mum is 92

Hello I will assist today.

I am a U.K. solicitor working between the U.K. and the USA.

Unfortunately, as a US green card holder, you have no legal right to bring your mother to the USA. To be able to petition for her, you would need to be a US citizen and not a Green card permanent resident.

At best, ***** ***** apply for a B2 visa that would allow her to stay for up to 6 months each year. The other option is for you to apply for citizenship.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. Would it make any difference if my wife who is a USA citizen born and bread is involved we have been married almost ten years?

Afraid not, your wife cannot file for her mother in law, if you do apply for citizenship, once granted you can apply for immediate family green card.