Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I paid for advice on status of a Croatian visitorbut don't

i paid for advice on status of a Croatian visitorbut don't recall how to get back to the solicitor who dealt with my query
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are in Ilminster somerset TA19 0AX
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None We wonder if my friend needs to do anything. He is 68 and from Croatia and has been living with me and my sister (now deceased) as a carer and now companion, wit pocket money. He would like to have British citizenship or right to stay.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has a pension from slovenia of 500 euros a month. He would like to have permanent residence in the UK and would like to work (he is an incredibly omni-competent worker) and hopes to earn some money without losing his pension. How much would he be allowed to earn without losing the slovenian pension?

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly. The system will notify you via email when this happens.

Many Thanks.

Thank you for your patience.

Your friend can apply for pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme. He can apply online using the below weblink-

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/applying-for-settled-status

Question regarding the Slovenian pension, that can be answered by the local authorities in Slovenia.

I would suggest your friend to apply for pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme, and secure a job first here then check regarding the Slovenian pension,

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today