Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I am a Chinese graduate from UoN who own T5 visa

I am a Chinese graduate from UoN who own T5 visa now:government authorized exchange visa (from 18, March 2020 to 23rd, 2021). I just worked for one month from March to April in a company named GetSet (A Chinese company located in the UK focusing on helping students apply for Universities). This is my employer and the sponsor in my visa. After that one-month work, my employer told me I was suspended from work until unknown time because of coronavirus affection and some bugs in my work. Finally, I was dropped out of this work and have been stayed at home for 2 months so far without any furlough salary and information from my employer because my employer said I was not eligible to apply for government grant during this coronavirus because I am a new employee who worked after 18th of February 2020(whereas my previous colleagues still work). I still need to pay council tax and my living cost, What can I do from now on ? I am also afraid of that they can withdraw my visa anytime so that I didn't contact them while searching for another job in the UK.

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly. The system will notify you via email when this happens.

Many Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when can i get my reply?

Thank you for your reply.

I will go through these attachments and will get back to you in a short while. The system will notify you via email when this

happens.

Many Thanks.

Thank you for your patience.

The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme that is open to all UK employees on the payroll by 28th Feb 2020 as it is designed to support employers whose operations have been severely affected by coronavirus (COVID-19)This is also possible for employees on or after 19 March, so long as they were employed on 19 March and notified to HMRC on an RTI submission on or before 19 March they are eligible

Yes , your employer can report to the authorities if they can curtail your current leave.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that I can use this visa to find other job in the UK or just take advantage of this visa to stay in the UK for a while if they just keep my visa there ?

So, you can either try to secure another job

Or

Regarding the last employment, the reasons given to you that you were not eligible for the furlough scheme, was wrong.

If you secure another job, your new employer would sponsor your Certificate of Sponsorship

Your last employer can report that you no longer working with them, and authorities can curtail your visa.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to find another sponsor to give me visa first before telling my current employer to curtail my visa? Another question: the time when my salary put into payroll depends on the cos contract ? As I sent this(cos) document to you, the work start date is from 10th of April. So far my previous salary was calculated by 45 pounds per day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon, are you there?

No, your previous employer can notify the authorities, this change of the circumstances-your job loss, then authorities can curtail your leave.

You should try to secure the job at the earliest.

After securing the employment , you are put on the payroll

So, if you were not on the payroll by 28th Feb or 19th March, then you are not eligible for furlough pay.

Does that answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that makes sense, thank you

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today, so that I could get credited for my time

Please don`t forget to rate the answer before you leave JA today, so that I could get credited for my time

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I find another job first and ask employer to sponsor me before asking my last employer to curtail current T5 visa?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will rate you high later:)

Yes, when you secure a new job, your new employer will sponsor the new Certificate of a sponsor, that would get you new visa. You do not have to ask your previous employer to notify the authorities to curtail your current leave.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot ~ Also, can I ask some legal issues about marriage in the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it okay for you?

If you have a new unrelated question, I would request you to post it as a new question.

Thank you for understanding.

You can rate this answer and post your other question and I will pick it up and assist you with that query as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay , thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way
If I asked a new question can I still use this 5 pounds trial?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I post my new question as a new one, I should pay extra

It would depend on the terms of your membership, online answers cost no more extra cost, phone call answers costs extra