How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 15947
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

Actually i am 30 years from India My uncle is old and wants

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Actually i am 30 years from India My uncle is old and wants to adopt me in uk Is there any way he can adopt me in uk
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet I need your assistance
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: India
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really


Thank you for your query. Would you still like assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.


As a person over the age of 18 you are deemed to be an adult and can therefore not be 'Adopted'. Adoption is available for children, not adults.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok is there any other way out how i can live with him


Not unless you can be in the UK under a different category of Visa. At the moment, only the Tier 2 category seems like it would be applicable.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Many thanks,

INC Law and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you