Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

Can a Tier 2 general migrant be a shareholder or a director

Can a Tier 2 general migrant be a shareholder or a director in a UK company?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Previously the Tier 2 holder was a named shareholder of the company but was then removed. The Tier 2 holder is currently sponsored in employment.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: No not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need an answer to my question. The Tier 2 holder is the wife of a UK business

Further to your question you can be a shareholder however I think you cannot have more than 10% share in the company. I will double check the rules and revert back to you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to hearing further

Further to your question i can confirm that you cannot hold more that a 10% shareholding the company.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Really? Have you taken the £44 from my card?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you not call the contact number provided?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good morning, further to our query yesterday, Mr Elalfy will be able to take a call this morning regarding the Tier 2 General visa. However, he is a Consultant working in a hospital clinic this morning and so may miss your call, therefore if you do call him, can you please leave a contact number for him to return your call.

I have spoken to him.

Kind Regards