Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

Thank you for having this platform open to get real-time

Hello my name is***** you for having this platform open to get real-time answers to immigration related questions I have a few questions
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We hold Trinidad and Tobago passports. We have been expats for a little over 18 years now and are currently living in Oman We are being repatriated but we aren't planning to return to Trinidad which is our point of origin. We have 1 son who's currently a student at the University of Surrey under a Tier 4 Student Visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: My son's visa is ok We were thinking of applying for a place at ACS Cobham ( an independent Private School) for our second son to complete his remaining 3 years of High School there and for a guardianship visa for me (his mother) so that I can stay with him. We do not wish to take the boarding option which the school offers. He will be 15 on July 23 and is due to start Grade 10 in August.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been in contact with ACS Cobham. They are unable to offer a CAS for a day student

Further to your question, please do let me know how I can assist you further.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the answer to my question? I cannot find it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have asked about a Tier 4 Child Visa as well as guardianship visa for mysel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the email that was just sent to me, it states that an expert answered my question. Where is this answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will not pay £44 to speak to you before knowing if I actually have a reasonable case and whether you can assist

In relation to a Tier 4 child visa you will need to find a school that will offer a CAS as I am aware that some schools will not issue them to day students and prefer to children to be boarding at the school.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you.

In relation to a dependent parent visa that can only be applied if the child is under the age of 12.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have another question

I am here to assist.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could my elder son who's currently on the Tier 4 Student Visa accept our shipment of personal belongings? We plan to move him from the student accommodation to a house so that he could be more comfortable. Rather than shipping our personal belongings back to Trinidad, we were thinking of shipping to the UK

You son can receive your personal belongings in the UK.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for that clarification. We will have a 40 ft sea container plus an air shipment. What's the process involved and are there any customs duties/other tax implications?

Further to your question, in relation to the air shipment it is out of my area of knowledge therefore you will have to raise another question.

Please do accept my answer in order for Just Answer to credit me for the advise that I have provided you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. Where can I find guidance on the volume of personal belongings that my son can accept under his Tier 4 Student Visa?

There is no limit on the volume of personal belongings a person can accept.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Would their be any customs duties and other taxes that we may need to take into consideration?

you will need to speak to courier company but there should not be any tax on personal belongings.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your valuable advice. You're a star!

Please click on the top right hand side and leave me a 5 star review.

Greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I close this chat box, would all your answers remain here if I wanted to come back to them in order to put up a case to my husband's employer to ship our belongings to the UK under my son's visa?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your name, in case I wanted to ask for you directly for any other UK immigration matters in the future?

My name is***** if you need to contact me again in the future. Im ensure if the chat will remain there however you can screen shot my responses or take a picture on your phone.

All the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again Naheed for your advice and guidance today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good day.
I have a question regarding my son's Tier 4 Student visa