Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

It's a question around an application for British

It's a question around an application for British citizenship - I'd like to enquire if there any ways around the required Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. Out of the 5 years in my personal case, I will struggle to provide evidence of this over 9 months, which coincides with my final year at university.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a settled status holder, I have passed the Life in the UK test, and have identified my referees. I am a Bulgarian national and so will be using a Bulgarian passport to apply.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have the so called SO41 issued by the Bulgarian Social Security Instutution - i.e. proof of medical insurance

As you have been granted settled status in the UK, you do not need to provide any further evidence of your comprehensive sickness Insurance as part of the citizenship Application.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. Why is it that there's a tick box in the checklist on the Government's Citizenship Application form online ? And are you eertain that it is not required for Settled Status holders as well - from my research, it seems like those have been granted Permanent Residece do not need to prove it, as they have already had to prove to get the Permanent Residence. However, the Settled Status application is different as in it does not require any information on CSI.. just making sure !!

I am certain as the Permanent Residence/Settled status is exactly the same and the Home Office relaxed their rules after Brexit in relation to the requirement of a person to have insurance.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you! Not sure how this works, but I have a very quick question - is the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) accepted as professional standing? I know they accept ACCA (i.e. accountants), so I assume CFA holders would be fine too? (the most recognised qualification in the investment/finance world)

is this question related to your referees for the application?

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Specifically, to the one who is supposed to be of professional standing.

Please find enclosed the link to the list of professionals and CFA holders are not on the list.

https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah, it's a tricky one.. With regards ***** ***** officer of a Limited Company - can someone who is a Sales Manager (overseing a couple of people) qualify?

If the company they work for is VAT registered or a limited company then they can be a referee.

kind Regards

kind Regards