How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2104
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I would like to go to Las vegas next year for the Celtic

This answer was rated:

I would like to go to Las vegas next year for the Celtic convention. I have been to America twice before in 2001 and 2002. I have been in trouble with the police here but nothing serious well it was serious enough to go to prison. The longest sentence I was given was 6 months
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No. I live in Scotland uk . I am a British citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's it thanks

Hello I am a solicitor advocate working between U.K. and USA.

from your information you have give, the best course of action would be to apply in advance to the US consulate for a visitors visa B2.

The reason for this is, they would then be aware of your sentence and if they issue the visa they would have issued the visa so no problem knowing of your sentence.

You could just apply online for an ESTA visa waiver, here you have to disclose criminal conviction, application could be refused. Even if it was not, you could find that if using an ESTA, when you arrive at boarder control in the USA they could still refuse entry, detain you and put you on a plane back home.

james bruce and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you