james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I would like to go to Las vegas next year for the Celtic

I would like to go to Las vegas next year for the Celtic convention. I have been to America twice before in 2001 and 2002. I have been in trouble with the police here but nothing serious well it was serious enough to go to prison. The longest sentence I was given was 6 months
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No. I live in Scotland uk . I am a British citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's it thanks

Hello I am a solicitor advocate working between U.K. and USA.

from your information you have give, the best course of action would be to apply in advance to the US consulate for a visitors visa B2.

The reason for this is, they would then be aware of your sentence and if they issue the visa they would have issued the visa so no problem knowing of your sentence.

You could just apply online for an ESTA visa waiver, here you have to disclose criminal conviction, application could be refused. Even if it was not, you could find that if using an ESTA, when you arrive at boarder control in the USA they could still refuse entry, detain you and put you on a plane back home.