How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 8009
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have a Tier2 visa to work as a research associate at

This answer was rated:

Good evening, I have a Tier2 visa to work as a research associate at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. I want to create an online store that sells clothes shipped from Turkey. My question is: does my visa allows me to do so? and do I need to take any action with the government? Thanks a lot in advance.


I am afraid you are not permitted to do so under your visa type as Tier 2 (General) workers are not allowed to enter self-employment, set-up a business or join another business as a director or partner.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your reply! Based on my Tier2 visa, I will bring my wife from Turkey (spouse visa). Could you please let me know what are the work conditions that apply to my wife? Can she establish the online store? Thanks a lot in advance,

Please click on 5 stars for the answer to the original question.

You may then ask your second question afresh.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But that will close the conversation, sir
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll click straight away after I get my answers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you please answer my second and final question?

Yes, she may come as your dependent and she may start the business, no restrictions for her.

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot!

All the best