UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have a Tier2 visa to work as a research associate at

Good evening, I have a Tier2 visa to work as a research associate at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. I want to create an online store that sells clothes shipped from Turkey. My question is: does my visa allows me to do so? and do I need to take any action with the government? Thanks a lot in advance.

I am afraid you are not permitted to do so under your visa type as Tier 2 (General) workers are not allowed to enter self-employment, set-up a business or join another business as a director or partner.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks a lot for your reply! Based on my Tier2 visa, I will bring my wife from Turkey (spouse visa). Could you please let me know what are the work conditions that apply to my wife? Can she establish the online store? Thanks a lot in advance,

Please click on 5 stars for the answer to the original question.

You may then ask your second question afresh.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But that will close the conversation, sir
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll click straight away after I get my answers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would you please answer my second and final question?

Yes, she may come as your dependent and she may start the business, no restrictions for her.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks a lot!

All the best