Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

I have a question regarding FLR(M) spouse visa extension. I

Good morning.
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question regarding FLR(M) spouse visa extension. I am a British Citizen and my wife is currently on a spouse visa that expires on 29th July 2021.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK and have UK citizenship. The earliest we can apply for a visa extension is April 2021 as at that point, my spouse will have completed the minimum 30 months (2.5 years). The latest we may apply is Jul 2021.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: I have not yet spoken to a lawyer. My query is whether I an combine Category C - A maintenance grant or stipend (that is not a loan) which is given because of undergraduate or postgraduate research which is no longer being paid and Category B - Employment income of greater than £18600 (gross) for less than than six months
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all.

Good morning and thanks for your question today.

An applicant can combine Category A (salaried employment) and Category C (non-employment income) to satisfy the minimum income requirement under Appendix FM.

Please note that: Income received from the sources as stated in the category C within 12 months from the date of the application can be counted.

To make it clear, as a General Rule: Category C can be combined with Category A, B, D and E.

I hope I have helped, I would appreciate if you can provide a positive rating as it is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now.

Thanks in advance!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Tamari, I am confused about this aspect though:The person must be currently in receipt of the grant or stipend or will be within 3 months of the date of application, and the grant or stipend must be payable for a period of at least 12 months, or for at least one full academic year, from the date of application or from the date on which payment of the grant or stipend will commence.

Hi?

All right, this is the same thing I have stated above. So the paragraph states that: Income received from the sources as stated in the category C must be within 12 months from the date of the application and only this can be counted.

Please let me know if something is not clear and I am happy to help

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Give me a moment, I would like to call you back.

The phone call offer you get is offered by the system automatically. I am happy to text you if you do not need a telephone consultation, that’s fine.