Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

How can I bring my domestic helper to UK? we now stay in HK,

How can I bring my domestic helper to UK ?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: we now stay in HK, holding UK passport w/ right of abode.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we are retired couples aged 65& 66, with a son suffering fm moderate grade retardation & autism aged 35. all 3 of us hold UK passport w/ right of abode.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The maid is holding The Philippines passport, , she has been take care of my son for 5 years.

Further to your question, kindly note that the rules have now changed. In order for you to bring your domestic worker to the UK, she can only stay in the UK for a limited amount of time and she will need to travel with you.

I will send you the guidance shortly.

Kind Regards

Please find enclosed the guidance and please note that she can only stay in the UK for a maximum period of 6 months.

https://www.gov.uk/domestic-workers-in-a-private-household-visa

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Does it mean that if I follow the guidance, It’s for sure that she can travel with us to come & settle down in UK for at least 6 months ?But is there any chance for her to apply working here with my family as domestic helper After the 6 months’ stay ?I am willing to give her at least the minimum pay, and sponsor for her accommodation, food etc .Becoz it’s very difficult for my autistic son, can a lawyer help ?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry, I prefer to communicate via mail like now, I’m afraid I cannot hear clearly as English is not my mother tongue !
Thanks for your offer.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
We are planning to migrate to live in UK fm HK in the coming months .
Not for a trip nor short term stay .

Further to your question, unfortunately they will not be able to stay longer than 6 months. Kindly note that is the law and even if you get a lawyer involved they will not be able to apply for an extension.

If you are planning to emigrate to the UK then you will need to employ a carer who is in the UK as the Domestic Worker is only for a temporary basis.

Kind Regards