Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Ms. Wilson. I would like to know if an eu citizen can live

Hi Ms. Wilson.
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: I would like to know if an eu citizen can live and work in scotland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes please I am from Malta and I would like if I need to apply for a work permit and how long can I stay ?

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi me and my partner are planning to move to Scotland at the beginning of December and we would like to know if we can work and live freely and for how long

This is for Scotland - the rules are slightly different. So I will opt out you should wait for another Expert to respond. Do not reply back as it would just come back to me. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thanks

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today

I will get back to you with my answer shortly. The system will notify you via email when this happens.

Many Thanks.

Thank you for your patience.

EU citizen can study & work in the Scotland , and can apply for pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme. The scheme is open till 30 June 2021. You can apply online using the below web link-

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/applying-for-settled-status

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today,

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi there

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Me and my partner would like to move to scotland

You can and apply for pre-settled status under the EU settlement scheme

The scheme is open till 30 June 2021. You can apply online using the below web link-

If you have any follow up question, please let me know

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would like to know for how long can we stay and if we need to apply for an insurance or something we're both 20 years old

After staying for 5 years on the pre-settled status , you can apply for settled status and can apply for British nationality, if you will be working.studying here then you do not need insurance.

Does that answers your query?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I will be working
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
it does

If that answers your question, Please don`t forget to rate the answer before you leave JA today, so that I could get credited for my time

Thank you and all the best

You can rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen and pressing submit tab

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Another question please how may I open a bank account first? and do i need to apply for a work permit?

No, once you come to the UK, you have to visit the branch of Bank with your Identification proof and proof of your address in the UK, for getting a bank account

Does that answers your query?

Vineet S,
Experience: Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed