Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I have been living as refugee in Denamark for 12 years, and

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have been living as refugee in Denamark for 12 years, and working as a doctor in Denmark. I have a sister as UK citizen.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I hold danish travel document (conventional pas). Is this document accepted to travel in the UK? I am planning to work in UK upto 2 years.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: No. I have asylum in Denmark.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: as stated I am UN refugee in Denmark. Have been working in Denmark as doctor in 8 years, now I plan a training post in UK, but I only have danish travel document (conventional pas).

As you are a Refuge in Denmark and you want to come to the UK to work you will need to apply and submit an application in Denmark to come to the UK as a Tier 4 student or a Tier 2 Migrant.

Kindly note that you cannot just travel to the UK and apply to work here without firstly applying for Entry Clearance as you are not a Danish National.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What are the chances of getting entry clearance? Is it difficult for a refugee?

As long as you meet the requirements you should be granted leave regardless of whether you a refugee.

Kind Regards