Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

I am an indian citizenship, currently living in Los Angeles.

Goodmorning, i am an indian citizenship, currently living in Los Angeles. I am here on a turism visa and due to coronavirus i cannot come back to my home country. I am interest in enrolling in a master degree in London at the Royal Holloway University. Do you know if is possible from here? i have been living here since february. Thank you in advance
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Goodmorning, i am an indian citizenship, currently living in Los Angeles. I am here on a turism visa and due to coronavirus i cannot come back to my home country. I am interest in enrolling in a master degree in London at the Royal Holloway University. Do you know if is possible from here? i have been living here since february. Thank you in advance
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ni

Good morning and thanks for your question today.

To confirm, you are currently in Los Angeles on a tourist visa and want to apply for a UK Masters degree from there, am I correct?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Goodmorning, yes exactly.

Normally, you are not allowed to apply for a UK long term visa while you are on a visitor visa to another country. You must be resident there.

I believe, application centres are closed in USA at the moment anyway.

Home Office did not make any announcements with regards ***** ***** issue you have so far as well. I will give you a helpline number for the Home Office, you are welcome to call them and they will give you the exact answer but to be honest I doubt it will be possible.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
You must be resident there or enrolled in a course. In that way i won’t be a tourist anymore and i can then apply from America. is it right?
I have spoken to the university counselor in London regarding this visa problem and she told me it was possible to apply also from here. After 6 month from my arrival in los angeles i don’t even need to take the TB test. The problem is on the website i cannot find any specification.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for the helpline number for the home office
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This is what i found

You can make applications for a visit visa, a short-term study visa, an EEA family permit, Tier 5 (Creative and Sporting), Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) and Global Talent entry clearance in any visa application centre, British diplomatic mission or consular post overseas where entry clearance applications are accepted but all Applications for other entry clearance should be made in the country in which you are living. You must not be on a visitor visa in USA when making this application.

This is the helpline which is created during Coronavirus especially, please give them a call and they probably will be able to help you +44(###) ###-####

I hope I have helped, I would appreciate if you can provide a positive rating as it is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now.

Thanks in advance!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
To confirm, i can apply for the long term study visa from here if i am not on a visitor visa.
Instead with the visitor visa i can only apply for short term visa and short term study visa. Is it right?
Thank you very much for your kind help. I’ll definitely provide a positive rating as i understand the crucial moment we are going through.

Yes, you got it correctly. This is exactly what I meant.

.