How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 659
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

I want to apply for my mother through EU settlement scheme,

This answer was rated:

Hi, I want to apply for my mother through EU settlement scheme
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Nothing yet. I'm Albanian but I have settled status in the UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm afraid to apply as I'm scared she might be deported if the case is not successful

Good morning and thanks for your question today. Please go ahead with your question and I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
My mother came to the UK illegally and we've been too scared to apply through the EU settlement as we are scared it may be unsuccessful
Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
I didn't know I had to pay more.
Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
I feel like I have been robbed

You do not need to pay more fees for a call. It is just an offer but you will not pay anything if you will not request a call.

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
Thanks. Can you answer my question?

What is your mother's nationality? What type of visa she has at the moment?

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
She is Albanian. She does not have any visa. I have settled status through the EU scheme.

What is your nationality? Is your mother illegal in the UK?

Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
she is. I'm an Albanian too.
How did you obtain Settled Status, are you married to EEA national?
Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
I am married to a Spanish national. We both have settled status.
I understand now, thank you. How many years your mother is living in the U.K.?
Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
More than 5 years.
In this case, your mother may apply for a pre-settled status as a dependant on your EEA national husband. Her immigration status will be a negative factor in this case. Also, according to the rules, your mother must first have a family permit which can be obtained from her country and only then can apply for a pre-settled status in the U.K.
Unfortunately, success rate in this case is not high and I would highly advise to have another consultation with a lawyer before making this application.
Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
Thank you.
You are welcome. I am sorry that I could not give you a very positive answer
Tamari Kokrashvili and 6 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
I hope I have helped, I would appreciate if you can provide a positive rating as it is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now.
Thanks in advance!