Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I understand i still have membership till next month? I

Hi i understand i still have membership till next month?
I would like sort out a problem that my grand-daughter and her boyfriend have .they both live in Spain , my granddaughter was born in the UK and is 16, her boyfriend is also 16 but he is cuban , he's been living in Spain for i think over2 with his father and step mother, so he has Spanish residency.
The problem being , they both want to come to England in December for a holiday to see me and other family , but i need to know if a vise is required because of her boyfriend being Cuban ? Also any other requirements thar are needed
Regards ***** *****

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Does your grand daughter boyfriend have a Spanish passport or ID card?

Your grand daughter can come to the UK with a British passport. In respect of her boyfriend if he is Cuban and only has Spanish residency and is not a national. He would require a visa to the UK. This would be a visit visa.

In order to be granted a Tourism and Leisure Visit Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you are a genuine visitor. This means that you:

• Will leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • Will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home;
  • Are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and will not undertake any prohibited activities;
  • Have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds.

A Tourism and Leisure Visit Visa will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. Within the period for which your visit visa is valid, you may enter and leave the UK multiple times, unless the visit visa is endorsed as a single or dual-entry visa.

Tourism and Leisure Visit Visa holders may visit friends and family and/or come to the UK for a holiday

Tourism and Leisure Visit Visa holders are not permitted to work, receive payment from a UK source for any activities undertaken in the UK or undertake more than 30 days’ non-incidental study in the UK.

You must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of your return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
His passport is cuban but needs to be renewed

So he would require a visit visa to the UK and must hold a valid passport prior to applying in order for his visa to be endorsed into his new passport.

Thank you for your question

I would be grateful if you will give me a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. I would appreciate it

The purpose of the rating is to assist others and continue to provide a high level of service on Justanswer. Thank you

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Where would he apply for the visa

He can apply in Spain

Thank you, ***** ***** remember to provide a positive rating by clicking on the above stars and press submit. This is also how we are credited for our time on JA.