Akua
Akua, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I'm a future post graduate student of middlesex university

Hi I'm a future post graduate student of middlesex university I'm hoping to come with my wife in this september
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: So is it possible for me to book a hotel or apartment for like 15 days and then find a place for a rent in london I'm a sri lankan citizen Is it possible for me to give my hotel reservation as per my conformation of accommodation in my visa application ?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it

Hello I am a lawyer and will respond to your query.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is it possible for me to add a temporary address such as hotel when im applying for student visa?
the accommodation you have stated in your application the hotel should be where you stay when you first last land then you can look for something more permanent
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
putting a temporary address will not be leading to visa refusal right ?
If that what is already stated in your application this where you should stay on arrival however you should get a permanent place arranged before arrival too incase asked on arrival why your are staying in a hotel if you are student
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There no student accommodation to stay with my partner around middlesex university and the landlords are not letting properties for people who don't have visa.That's the problem .What is your advice ?
You should try looking at apartments on www.booking.com and see what you find.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i have looked in booking.com.They just have short term rentals maximum of 30 days.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My worrying is that my visa could get refused if i book a hotel or an apartment for 30 days and put that address in the student visa application as my location of stay
You will definitely need permanent accommodation going forward have you checked with the uni forums about accommodation available.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i have checked .
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There are so many places that i could get as my permanent residence only after i get visa approval
Do you have any family in the U.K.?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have one of my uncle who lives in london
If there is space with a family member you should look at whether they can accommodate you.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Unfortunately no
You should contact Middlesex uni accommodation team to see how can they can help going forward for students
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If I can be of further assistance I am always happy to be help. If there are no further questions if you could please kindly accept the answer and give rating this will be appreciated. Kind regards