How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1959
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I'm a future post graduate student of middlesex university

This answer was rated:

Hi I'm a future post graduate student of middlesex university I'm hoping to come with my wife in this september
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: So is it possible for me to book a hotel or apartment for like 15 days and then find a place for a rent in london I'm a sri lankan citizen Is it possible for me to give my hotel reservation as per my conformation of accommodation in my visa application ?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it

Hello I am a lawyer and will respond to your query.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible for me to add a temporary address such as hotel when im applying for student visa?
the accommodation you have stated in your application the hotel should be where you stay when you first last land then you can look for something more permanent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
putting a temporary address will not be leading to visa refusal right ?
If that what is already stated in your application this where you should stay on arrival however you should get a permanent place arranged before arrival too incase asked on arrival why your are staying in a hotel if you are student
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There no student accommodation to stay with my partner around middlesex university and the landlords are not letting properties for people who don't have visa.That's the problem .What is your advice ?
You should try looking at apartments on and see what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have looked in just have short term rentals maximum of 30 days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My worrying is that my visa could get refused if i book a hotel or an apartment for 30 days and put that address in the student visa application as my location of stay
You will definitely need permanent accommodation going forward have you checked with the uni forums about accommodation available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have checked .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are so many places that i could get as my permanent residence only after i get visa approval
Do you have any family in the U.K.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one of my uncle who lives in london
If there is space with a family member you should look at whether they can accommodate you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no
You should contact Middlesex uni accommodation team to see how can they can help going forward for students
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I can be of further assistance I am always happy to be help. If there are no further questions if you could please kindly accept the answer and give rating this will be appreciated. Kind regards
LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you