How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 396
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My dependent father from india is currently with me on a

Customer Question

Hi, my dependent father from india is currently with me on a visitor visa. I am an EU national with settled status. Can my father apply for a pre-settled status from within the UK if I can prove he is dependent on me?
JA: What steps has your father taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your father live in? If different, what is his citizenship?
Customer: He is an Indian national. He is currently here in the UK on a standard tourist visa.
JA: Has your father talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

Hello I will help with your query. He would have to return back to India then he can apply for an eea family permit from there if you can show he is dependent on you.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

I will send you the guidance on this.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

If I can be of further assistance I am always happy to be help. If there are no further questions If you could please kindly accept the answer so I can be credited for my time today with you and give positive rating this will be appreciated. Kind regards