LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My dependent father from india is currently with me on a

Customer Question

Hi, my dependent father from india is currently with me on a visitor visa. I am an EU national with settled status. Can my father apply for a pre-settled status from within the UK if I can prove he is dependent on me?
JA: What steps has your father taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does your father live in? If different, what is his citizenship?
Customer: He is an Indian national. He is currently here in the UK on a standard tourist visa.
JA: Has your father talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

Hello I will help with your query. He would have to return back to India then he can apply for an eea family permit from there if you can show he is dependent on you.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

I will send you the guidance on this.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

If I can be of further assistance I am always happy to be help. If there are no further questions If you could please kindly accept the answer so I can be credited for my time today with you and give positive rating this will be appreciated. Kind regards