james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am from the United Kingdom Aged 20 however have I have

Customer Question

I am from the United Kingdom Aged 20 however have I have served a Three Month Custodial Sentence out of Twelve Months being charged with ‘Actual Bodily Harm’, I have Visited 4 states of the USA prior to this within the Last 4-5 Years
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No paperwork had been filled out, I live in England and United Kingdom Citizenship
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: I have had no conversation about this matter to any lawyer no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.
please confirm how I can assist you today. You do not actually ask anything.
From what you have written, and I correct in assuming you are asking can you visit the USA again?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi great to hear and I am good thanks For asking, not any time soon of course but yes that is the case!

Ok, there may be some difficulties but not necessarily a ban.

Before you consider travelling to the USA again, you would need to apply for the esta. That you May recall is the visa waiver you can apply for online to allow travel to the USA.

One of the questions for this document is it you have criminal convictions. If you answer yes, then the application will most likely be declined and not granted.

If you answer no, then the document could be issued. However, checks do also take place after.

If you do not answer correctly and it is granted and you travel to the USA, if you are then stopped on entry and it shows you did not tell the truth, you would be detained at the boarder. You would risk the chance of being prosecuted for committing a federal offence which could mean up to 10 years in a federal prison.

The safest way for you to proceed and to avoid an esta refusal, would be to apply to the US consulate for a B2 tourist visa. You can start the application on line and would then attend an interview in London at the Consulate. They would process your application listen to your account of the offence and then either issue or decline the visa.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay that is absolutely fine, I did try to apply for an esta earlier however it said my application could not be processed and that is why i am in this chat today to see if there is another way to find the end result, Do you have a possible link for this B2 tourist visa
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can apply

The first link below take you to the information page about applying

The second link take you to the start of the process online.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/how-to-apply/

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.
please accept answer and click on the 5 stars.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am on the Second link however I cannot find ‘America’ or ‘United States’ for the section to where I will be applying for

You enter the country you are applying from England

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Oh okay, I thought it meant ‘For’

No problem good luck.

please accept answer

Expert:  james bruce replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.