Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I have an issue with visa extension, I have not filed any

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have an issue with visa extension
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not filed any paper work, I live in the UK and I am from Sudan
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Tamari Kokrashvili replied 5 days ago.

Good morning, I will be assisting with your question today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
hello

Please go ahead with your question.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can you help me with the above query

Yes, I am happy to help but first of all please confirm which visa you have currently and why you are encountering issues to extend it.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
PBS Tier 2 of health worker who has ILR
Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Do you already have ILR?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My partner has ILR, I am a PBS dependant Tier of my partner. I need to extend my Tier 2 PBS visa for another year along with my children.
My partner is a health worker and I am doctor too
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I do not have an ILR

Alright, can you confirm what is the issue you are facing with regards ***** ***** extension?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am struggling to find the right online form at gov.uk and wanted to check how I can be expected from the NHS health surcharge as both me and my partners are doctors in the NHS

OK, please bear with me and I will answer your query.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
sorry I mean exempted from the NHS health surcharge
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will be eligible for ILR from Sept 202. I have been a PBS Tier 2 dependant for 4 years
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sept 2021

This is the link for the application as a dependant partner: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/pbs-dependant-partner?_ga=2.241822018.1561964662.1600072084-1273820607.1577129653

This is the link for the application as a dependant child: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/pbs-dependant-child?_ga=2.119663176.1561964662.1600072084-1273820607.1577129653

You’ll get a full refund if all the following are true:

• you paid the IHS on or after 31 March 2020
  • you’re a qualified doctor, nurse or other health professional on a Tier 2 visa who would have benefitted from the Health and Care Visa
  • you’re sponsored by the NHS, an organisation providing medical services to the NHS or an organisation providing adult social care

If you meet all these conditions, you as dependants also get IHS refund back.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for your information. my main issue is the health surcharge. I need to extend my visa for 1 year but the application only offers less than three years. They have asked for a colossal amount of money for me and my dependant 7200- assuming that I need an extension for 3 years

I understand, they will definitely refund this money back but as for the purposes of the application, you have to pay it.

Please call on the following number they have a special IHS department and they also will give you helpful information about this.

0300(###) ###-####/p>

Before you leave JA today please rate the assistance provided by clicking on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in the future.