How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 752
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

I am asking for application of standard visa, and I live in

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am asking for application of standard visa, and I live in Italy, my husband live with me together now, before he lived alone at Dundee, what should I write in the application where does he live?
We are in civil partnership now; we asked for EEA family permit, and the visa centre rejected my application, because UK doesn't recognise our civil partnership in Italy. So now I'm applying the standard visa for going there with my husband together.
I wrote in the application that I going to UK for visiting him and travel in UK, if I write he is living with me now, will this be a problem?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Just to recap,My civil partner is Italian (the UK doesn't recognize our civil union). He rented a flat in Dundee and is pre-settled in the UK with the EUSS. He lived there for months and is now temporarily in Italy to visit me. Please note he has residency in both country, since he's still legally registered in the italian flat and he also has his signature and bills for the UK flat in Dundee.The Standard Visitor Visa requires to specify who'll pay for me. I don't have a job and can only rely on 5000£ savings. If it's enough, I can say no one is paying for me, but just to be sure I prefer to say he'll pay 800£ for me and my stay will be rent-free since he's my civil partner.The tricky question is "is your civil partner living with you? if not, write down his address". He's technically living with me RIGHT NOW, but I wrote his Dundee address when saying he will pay for me (so he can send out the bank statement from the UK bank). Should I say we're NOT living together? Or should we say we're living together and keep the UK address for bank reference only?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good evening. I am happy to assist you. I see that you requested a call, would you like me to call you?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Tamari, no, via text is fine
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I attached the 2 refusals

Alright, If your partner is with you right now it does not mean that he is living with you and if you already wrote his UK address and you said you will be visiting him then you have to answer "no".

The application will later ask you whether you will be traveling together in the UK and you can answer "yes" if this is true.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ok, won't this be a problem? I have around 5000£ in savings (I can provide proof) and said he will pay 800£ for my stay there. Won't they see the 2 refusals as a problem? I know they keep records of those.

Although, please note that because you have been refused already for a family permit, obtaining a visitor visa may be difficult because the Home Office may think that you are not going to leave the country at the end of your visit.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
yep, that's what I thought.
Do we have other options? also, do you provide a full service for visa management? I honestly can't stand doing this alone anymore, my patience is running low :)

Unfortunately, only one option I see here is either to apply for an EEA family permit again or a visitor visa but there is a risk of refusal as explained above.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
we should reapply and link to the EU law stating they have to recognize our union? and cross our fingers? some solicitors suggested we go through the unmarried partner visa route. Do you think this makes sense? Would your firm be able to handle this process for us?

The unmarried partner route is also possible instead of the civil partnership route.

You will be regarded as an extended family member not a family member in this case. How long are you in a relationship and can you prove this?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
we've been in a relationship for 5 years and we've been living together for 3 years.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
we can prove this, we have the same residency in Italy
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ps. how long will it take to get a decision if we decide to appeal the decision? it's 80£ so it'd definitely cheaper than going through a new application

I personally do not think that appealing the latest refusal makes sense because what they have stated is not wrong.

Although, making an application as an unmarried partner and providing the required evidence may give you a favourable decision. Obviously, there is no guarantee but it is worth trying and after you can appeal the latter decision if need be.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
the EU does state they have to recognize our union, so what they say is partially wrong as far as I can tell. Anyway, got it. I don't see any way to apply for the unmarried partner VISA. Is it possible to do it on my own? or can you help with that?

You can also get a second opinion for this just to make sure you are on the right path.

I am happy to assist you but there will be an additional charge for that.

We may have a telephone consultation tomorrow and make a decision accordingly.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ok, what's the price for the initial consultation? 51€?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
will it be done inside justanswer or outside?

51€ is charged by the just answers which will allow you to have a telephone consultation with me.

Tamari Kokrashvili and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
where and when will you call me? :)

I am happy to call you tomorrow morning at 09:00am UK time.
I will call you though just answers and if this is not possible I may call you by whats app if this is OK.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ok, please call me on whatsapp at +39(###) ###-####

I will. Thank you, ***** ***** nice evening.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you too, have a nice evening :)


Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Good morning ;) you can call me now when you are free �� thank you !

It was nice to speak to you today. Thank you