LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Im from the U.K and my boyfriend is from New Zealand and is

Hello, Im from the U.K and my boyfriend is from New Zealand and is currently in the U.K he is here on a six month visa free trip and now he is trying to apply for a marriage/civil partnership Visa. we are currently not married or in a civil partnership, but we plan to register for a civil partnership when we apply for the marriage visa. we fit all the criteria but we are hung up on one thing. it says on the application that we have to plan to live together for the two years following the civil partnership. We will both be living at the same address 1/2 of the year, but I will be going to Cambridge university, so will be staying there on my own 1/2 of the year. He will register my home address on his Visa application, but will this be enough to satisfy the people reviewing his application? thanks alot.

Hello I will help with your query. As your university is only during term time you and your partner can use your home address as your permanent address this is fine to satisfy the requirements.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Oh thank you that’s great!!