How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 356
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

Im from the U.K and my boyfriend is from New Zealand and is

This answer was rated:

Hello, Im from the U.K and my boyfriend is from New Zealand and is currently in the U.K he is here on a six month visa free trip and now he is trying to apply for a marriage/civil partnership Visa. we are currently not married or in a civil partnership, but we plan to register for a civil partnership when we apply for the marriage visa. we fit all the criteria but we are hung up on one thing. it says on the application that we have to plan to live together for the two years following the civil partnership. We will both be living at the same address 1/2 of the year, but I will be going to Cambridge university, so will be staying there on my own 1/2 of the year. He will register my home address on his Visa application, but will this be enough to satisfy the people reviewing his application? thanks alot.

Hello I will help with your query. As your university is only during term time you and your partner can use your home address as your permanent address this is fine to satisfy the requirements.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Oh thank you that’s great!!