How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6320
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My relative gave her case to a person acting as a solicitor

This answer was rated:

My relative gave her case to a person acting as a solicitor for spouse visa. She took money a few times. And would send receipts of her sending the documents over. (Receipts didn’t have name of whose documents) just not so post office receipts)When it was nearly a year and half, we wrote to our local mp and through him we discovered that (besides, a previous case, there was no recent case within a year and half...When we did More investigation, we found she was using a solicitors firm and a winner for them while she had been removed by them...She lost a lot of time, money and then she had to restart another case with someone else on a 10 year route....We want to know how can we sue this person for misleading us and delaying her visa submission. She needEd to go back home because her student visa had expired because she couldn’t continue studying because she got married...As a result of a delay, she couldn’t see her father who became ill and then eventually passed away while she way from him for over 4 years...ThanksThank

Hi thank you for your message, you would need to instruct a solicitor to bring a professional negligence action on your behalf, it is not something we can do as we are a Q&A service only. you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case professional negligence law. I suggest you instruct one based on a no win no fee basis.

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. Have a good evening

And you take care