Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My relative gave her case to a person acting as a solicitor

My relative gave her case to a person acting as a solicitor for spouse visa. She took money a few times. And would send receipts of her sending the documents over. (Receipts didn’t have name of whose documents) just not so post office receipts)When it was nearly a year and half, we wrote to our local mp and through him we discovered that (besides, a previous case, there was no recent case within a year and half...When we did More investigation, we found she was using a solicitors firm and a winner for them while she had been removed by them...She lost a lot of time, money and then she had to restart another case with someone else on a 10 year route....We want to know how can we sue this person for misleading us and delaying her visa submission. She needEd to go back home because her student visa had expired because she couldn’t continue studying because she got married...As a result of a delay, she couldn’t see her father who became ill and then eventually passed away while she way from him for over 4 years...ThanksThank

Hi thank you for your message, you would need to instruct a solicitor to bring a professional negligence action on your behalf, it is not something we can do as we are a Q&A service only. you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case professional negligence law. I suggest you instruct one based on a no win no fee basis.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. Have a good evening

And you take care