How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 382
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My new passport bears my married name, While my old passport

This answer was rated:

Hello, My new passport bears my married name, While my old passport has a valid Uk Tourist visa bearing my maiden name. Can I travel to the Uk with my new passport and old passport?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No I haven’t filed any paperwork. I live in Nigeria, I am nigerian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tourist visa?
Customer: no I haven’t
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just want to know if the tourist visa with my maiden name Is ***** ***** or If I would have to do a fresh application

Hello I will help with your query. As you have a new passport bearing your married name your visa should be match that to stop any problems at border force you should apply for a new tourist visa as the old passport is no longer valid.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It is a five years tourist visa, does that mean I have to pay new tourist visa fees

Yes you would have to pay for a new tourist visa because the name issued with visa does not match the new passport.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What if I present my marriage certificate and change of name documents
This is evidence but a immigration they can question why you haven’t updated the visa with the new name therefore not guaranteed entry into the U.K. I can also suggest you contact Ukvi and see whether they will allow you to up date it
I will send you the link
LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you