LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My new passport bears my married name, While my old passport

Hello, My new passport bears my married name, While my old passport has a valid Uk Tourist visa bearing my maiden name. Can I travel to the Uk with my new passport and old passport?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No I haven’t filed any paperwork. I live in Nigeria, I am nigerian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tourist visa?
Customer: no I haven’t
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just want to know if the tourist visa with my maiden name Is ***** ***** or If I would have to do a fresh application

Hello I will help with your query. As you have a new passport bearing your married name your visa should be match that to stop any problems at border force you should apply for a new tourist visa as the old passport is no longer valid.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It is a five years tourist visa, does that mean I have to pay new tourist visa fees

Yes you would have to pay for a new tourist visa because the name issued with visa does not match the new passport.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What if I present my marriage certificate and change of name documents
This is evidence but a immigration they can question why you haven’t updated the visa with the new name therefore not guaranteed entry into the U.K. I can also suggest you contact Ukvi and see whether they will allow you to up date it
I will send you the link
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/english