LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My UK citizenship application is due. I wanted to ask this.

My UK citizenship application is due. I wanted to ask this.I have 1 CCJ from Uni which i have been paying in instalments from last 3 years and have all proofs. I have made arrangements with them in order to pay on monthly basis. I was unable to pay fee coz my father suffered heart attack and I had to discontinue my studies.I have 2 more CCJ on a dispute with clients. Both of them I have paid and are satisfied judgements.
I wanted to ask if i apply for citizenship and disclose the above will that effect my application?I would appreciate members guidance on thisThank you

Good morning. I will help with your query. You will have to disclose your CCJ and ensure a payment is in place therefore if you could not pay due to the unforeseen circumstances you would need to make another arrangement.

Also, you would still have to declare all CCJ even though it’s a satisfied judgement as it will be on your credit file for 6 years.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much for your advice. One last questions, if CCJ is 6 years old and not on the credit file anymore, should we still declare it ?
If the Ccj is 6 years old and however still has not been paid and in an arrangement it will still need to be declared.

Glad to be of assistance today. Kind regards