How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1318
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

Mother of my child gave me the power of attorney to look

This answer was rated:

Mother of my child gave me the power of attorney to look after my son My son is 15.5 years old he have different surname ,i have DNA test confirming i am the father ,i am living in London us a european citizen the last 15 years .Can i obtain for my son settlement status and register to GP and state schools and obtain for him NINO .i have not be given custody from Greek courts (this is time consuming ) .i have only 1) DNA test from the GREEK government and 2)power of attorney from mother giving me all the rights to be responsible for my son

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat. So, please ignore any phone call request pop-up,they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly. The system will notify you via email when this happens.

Many Thanks.

Hi there,

Many thanks for your patience.

You can apply for your son under the EU settlement scheme. You will need proof of your relationship to your child when you make their application, you can provide the power of attorney given by the mother to look after the child ,and DNA test. you would also need to prove your son`s identity as well as his residence proof in the UK.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you what you mean as well as his residence proof in the UK ? my son was leaving with mother in Greece he has visit me only for holidays ,he is about to come now .can i do it when he comes and say that he leave with me ?

You have to give his address in the UK for applying under the EU settlement scheme.

Once your son is in the UK , you would need some residence proof of your son in the UK for applying under EU settlement scheme.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
maybe register with GP first if GP Accept the papers i have DNA and power of attorney because i can not have biils on his name or bank statement
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
or a letter from me that he leaves with me ?

you need to have some bills in his name in the UK ,

Just a letter from you would not be enough.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
but he is ander age he is just 15 ,5 years old i dont think i can do bills on his name

If you are renting then he can be added on the rent deed as an occupier/licensee , can open a bank account , or mobile bill would work as well.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thanks for the idea of rent deed ,but can he open a bank acount he will be 16 in 2 months ?and can he have mobile biil ? if you now ?

If you can't provide any of the documents above, a sworn affidavit, statutory declaration or affirmation must be provided.

It must state parent and child's full name, address, the date you started living at that address and the child’s date of birth.

The document must signed by a solicitor.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
can we work together for that do you have a phone number or contact details ?

Just Answer is information sharing platform, unfortunately I can not offer you full services .

you can find a local solicitor using the below website-

Thank you .

Vineet S and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you very much