How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 381
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

Mother of my child gave me the power of attorney to look

This answer was rated:

Mother of my child gave me the power of attorney to look after my son My son is 15.5 years old he have different surname ,i have DNA test confirming i am the father ,i am living in London us a european citizen the last 15 years .Can i obtain for my son settlement status and register to GP and state schools and obtain for him NINO .i have not be given custody from Greek courts (this is time consuming ) .i have only 1) DNA test from the GREEK government and 2)power of attorney from mother giving me all the rights to be responsible for my son. My son he have been here in uk only for holidays before at the moment he is leaving with my sister in Greece and i want to bring him here

Hello I will help with your query. You would need a custody of son from the Greek courts that you will have full parental responsibility for you son to bring him on a permanent basis in the U.K. and you would be the primary carer for your son.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This will take 2 years Greek courts are very slow now ,i can obtain temporary order in a month but still my son will have different surname ,is not any way i can bring him here and obtain eu settlement with just the DNA TEST and the power of attorney from his mother ?
A DNA test and power of attorney is good evidence but however you will need a court order from the court that you have full custody of the child. The home office can refuse it without you having custody of the child. Having a different surname is ***** ***** problem.
The main thing you have to show in this application is your the primary carer for the child that’s why a court order is important.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
About the a court order my Greek lawyer said he can obtain a temporary order in a month time and then followed by asphalt meters next year and by the end of 2021 the final court will take place for the castudy ,and result probably beginning of 2022 .is the temporary order enaf ? to get residence for my son here at the moment ?
You would require a full order as it’s a temporary order it would not be for indefinite period unless the judge makes it clear in the temporary order that the stay is for an indefinite period then you can apply with this.
LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you