Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

My citizenship application is due. I wanted to ask this. I

My citizenship application is due. I wanted to ask this.I have 1 CCJ from Uni which i have been paying in instalments from last 3 years and have all proofs. I have made arrangements with them in order to pay on monthly basis. I was unable to pay fee coz my father suffered heart attack and I had to discontinue my studies.I have 2 more CCJ on a dispute with clients. Both of them I have paid and are satisfied judgements.
I wanted to ask if i apply for citizenship and disclose the above will that effect my application?with my situation what should be the best way to go about before applying citizenship pls guidance will be appreciated.I would appreciate members guidance on thisThank you

Good morning, I will be assisting with your query today.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

You need to disclose all civil issues in the application form as this is in your best interest.

In general, A CCJ is not a ground on its own to refuse the application. However, the fact that you have multiple CCJ may be evidence that you are deliberately and recklessly building up debts with no intention of paying them back which, is a grounds for refusal.

You have also stated that you are repaying them back and if you can show the same this should be enough to rebut any assumption about your character. The only problem I see here is that you have 3 CCJs

Please let me know if you have any questions

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks for your advice. If i clear and pay 2 CCJ in full which were dispute with clients. They were judgement in default and I was never aware of them and I have evidence to proof that as well. Will that help? also that Uni CCJ i have been paying from 3 years on instalments basis and provide evidence of that to Home Office,do you think that will clear the issue for my citizenship? Please advice. Appreciate your guidance.

If you will settle the two CCJs and provide proof it will definitely help.

With regards ***** ***** University dept, I do not see a big problem there as you are repaying them back and you have proof.

The only thing which I think is worrying is that you had 3 CCJs in total. Naturalization application is on the Home Office discretion anyway and it also depends on the caseworker who will be looking at your case.

Thanks for the rating.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
One last Q, if CCJ is 6 years old and not on register anymore, do I have to still disclose it? I think i can fight back and remove 1 CCJ by going to court because it was totally not fair if i get this one remove and pay 1 in full with Uni in instalments, do you think that is good chance in my favour ? Having 2 and not 3? appreciate your time for advice.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Do you help with CCJ removal applications?

No, if this is not in the registrar anymore and you are sure about that, there is no need to mention it.

Unfortunately, I do not assist with the removal CCJs you will need to speak to a civil lawyer for this.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I think i can fight back and remove 1 CCJ by going to court because it was totally not fair if i get this one remove and pay 1 in full with Uni in instalments, do you think that is good chance in my favour ? Having 2 and not 3? appreciate your time for advice.

Of course this will be good outcome as you will have 1 CCJ less but as I am aware for, this may take time.