How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 384
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I need yo get married in Uganda and bring my husband here in

This answer was rated:

Hi I need yo get married in Uganda and bring my husband here in London what documents do I need to provided
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no I haven’t start anything I have no coil how to start
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I didn’t but I need to do it my self as the locates are very expensive
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes I’m a part time work and have 4 kids
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is any one here to help me out pls

Good morning I will help with your query.

In order to qualify for a UK Spouse visa you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you meet the following requirements:

  • Your partner is British or holds Indefinite Leave to Remain;
  • You are both over the age of 18;
  • You have met in person and are legally married;
  • Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently;
  • Any previous relationships have broken down permanently;
  • You will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds;
  • There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents;
  • You speak and understand English to the required level - A1 IELTS Life Skills Listening and Speaking
  • TB Certificate

The above is information is the requirements you must satisfy to bring your husband once you get married in Uganda. You will need to ensure you also have a Marriage Certificate from Uganda.

You should also meet the financial requirement that you earn £18,600 per annum to bring husband.

Please see the above link for further guidance.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Could you give a list what documents I need to peeper and how do I apply that to show that I never been married before
In regards ***** ***** actual marriage you would need to contact the Ugandan registry to see how to go about marrying there as you need permission.
To make the application in uk once you are married you will need to show 6 months bank statements, 6 months payslips, letter from employer, Accommodation survey report to show there is enough room for husband to come.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No they told me that from London I need to get some pepper showing that I’m single person and never married before so where do I apply it
Then you should contact your local council you live in and inform you are planning to get married in Uganda
The registry office department.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Oh so I need to contact and inform them before I get narrowed
that’s correct.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can you send me link how to apply that pepper
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But I don’t have any saving will be affected my application
You do not have to rely on savings but you must show that you receive £18,600 per annum if in employment.
LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Could you pls give me list of documents what I need to provide all list
For the marriage visa or to get married?
For the Spouse visa please see above I have listed all the documents
When getting married the registry they will ask for proof of address such as bank statements, bills, etc. Identification such as passport and driving license.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you

Glad to be of assistance. Kind regards