How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1318
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I need to switch employers under my tier 2 visa. how do I do

This answer was rated:

I need to switch employers under my tier 2 visa. how do I do this online?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in Glasgow, UK. I have a tier 2 visa as a nurse with a private employer. I am switching to the NHS. they have already sponsored me and given me a COS but i don't know if i need to fill out a new tier 2 application, or just put my new sponsor and COS on the extension for tier 2 form
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat. So, please ignore any phone call request pop-up,they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience.

If you are changing employer , then you have to file a new Tier 2 application, providing the details of your new employer, and CoS given by your new employer.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi there, can you advise me on how I would do this from the UK given the current exemptions by the home office that applicants can change their visas from within the UK?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I only see the option to apply from outside of the UK for a new tier 2 visa

hi there,

You can make a new tier 2 application from within the UK.

and from the given input , you might be eligible for Health and care visa , and your new employer can confirm and give you a reference to fill in and you would be exempt from IHS surcharge.

You can apply for Tier 2 (General) for Leave to Remain

from within the UK.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I put in my new CoS and sponsor in this application?


Customer: replied 14 days ago.
in this case, if I am changing employers, I do not need to make a full new tier 2 application and return to my home country?

No, you are notifying the authorities of your change of employer, by making this application , providing details of your new employer and CoS.

As your Last employer will notify HO as well.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you. do you know how long generally it takes for the new visa to be processed?

As you are Health and care worker , your visa will be processed on priority basis.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok, thanks very much.

If that answers your query, then please accept answer by selecting the stars of the top of your screen

Many thanks and all the best.

Vineet S and 4 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you