How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask VeeraS727 Your Own Question
VeeraS727, Immigration Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
VeeraS727 is online now

I have a problem with the visa application lawyer that I

Customer Question

I have a problem with the visa application lawyer that I have instructed to deal with a visa for my wife to come to England, she is refusing to copy in my wife's daughter as I have asked this is because my wife is Russian and although she speaks fairly good English she struggles sometimes with big words but her daughter lives in England and understands this all i have asked the lawyer is to copy her in on all the emails she sends to my wife, I have paid this lawyer all ready so why if I have instructed her to do this will she not comply with my wishes she has said i am being unreasonable
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am British born here my wife is Russian the problem is that we are both in our late sixties and not really computer confident this is why i have asked her 3 times to copy in her daughter who is computer able
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: yes I have paid the home office application fees she has done all this, but is now complaining that my wife daughter contacted her to ask a question that they were both unsure about, the daughter came with us when we first met the lawyer so it is not that she doesn't know her,
JA: You have to pay for your first question. If you sign up for a membership, there is a free trial for questions after that.
Customer: how much is this fee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes how much is the fee as I can go and see a solicitor for 30 minutes for free
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I hope you have not got the same lawyer that I am dealing with
Expert:  VeeraS727 replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I am an immigration solicitor and will assist you today.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you so much have you managed to read the problem i am having
Expert:  VeeraS727 replied 16 days ago.

If your wife has provided her authority to include your daughter in correspondence thent he lawyer should do this. As the application is for your wife, your wife will need to state to the lawyer and this can also be done in writing that she provides her authority for the lawyer to also correspond with her daughter in her matter

Once there is express authority the lawyer should also liaise with the daughter. However, if the daughter provides details in relation to your wife's application, this will need to be confirmed with wife as she is the applicant and will need to state that the information she has provided is true, accurate and correct