Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have a question: i'm in manchesteri have just received a

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have a question:
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i'm in manchesteri have just received a 3months extension on my tier 4 general student visa and I want to know if I can get married
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: none so far
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: i read on the government's website that i could get married on tier 4 student visa, however at the time I had put in an application for an extension of the said visa which expired in august.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes my partner is italian with an indefinite leave to remain and I am ghanaian
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Also when can i put in the notice and how much will I need to proceed?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
especially since the extension expires on 11th January 2020 and i don't want to violate any immigration rules
Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

Hi there,

You can marry on your current visa, however before your marriage , you would have to give notice of your intended marriage in the designated registrar office. To find out your local designated registrar office , click the below link-

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/224796/DROs_GOV_UK..pdf

Expert:  Vineet S replied 18 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.