LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I just recently got married, my spouse is in Nigeria. We

Customer Question

Hi. I just recently got married , my spouse is in Nigeria. We will be starting the application process soon. However, I am in a lot of debt at the moment , which is getting difficult to manage . I'm presently considering a debt management plan. I'm just wondering if this will in any way affect my spouse's visa application. Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm British living in England My husband is Nigerian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: I have not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, in terms of the financial requirement you must show that you are earning £18,600 per annum above from employment. If you are self employed it’s the same requirement. If you are facing debt then it will affect the spouse visa application if for the last year you are not receipt of this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I earn 23,900, but just facing difficulties staying on top of my debt at the moment
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

The home office will look at 6 months payslips, 6 months bank statements and letter from employer on the financial side.