LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Previously I had my british citizenship rejected, They

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Previously I had my british citizenship rejected
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: They replied that I was missing my 5 year residency paper, but then settled status came in place
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Last year my citizenship was denied due to not having 5 year residency document. Afterwards I was approved for settled status and was required to wait 12months before reapplying. I have lived in UK for 10 years but this year I relocated to Dubai with work. Can I still qualify for british citizenship even I have moved to Dubai now but will be returning sometime soon to continue living in UK?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

Good evening, you will be able to apply British citizenship if in the last 5 years you have not been out of the U.K. more then 450 days and 90 days per year.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
In my previous position I was working in, I used to constantly travel for business and I had a letter from HR explaining that this was due to the nature of my job and I was paying taxes in the UK. Since January I haven’t paid taxes in UK, will that affect my application ?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

Yes that will affect your application if you are not paying your taxes in the U.K.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help!