LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

My girl friend is from colombia and i want her to come to uk

Customer Question

my girl friend is from colombia and i want her to come to uk to get married will this be possible with the current state of corona ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: im a british citizen living in the uk i have not registered any paper work with the government she came to the uk last year to stay with my family but that was on a tourist visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tourist visa?
Customer: no because she would not be coming as a tourist
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: she's also a professional photographer who i can hire for work during her time here
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.

Good evening, you can apply for marriage visitor visa if you and your partner plan to get married in uk.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.

Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

• a current passport or other valid travel identification
  • proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
  • proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you’ll live
  • details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans - you should not pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa

You can also supply the following to support your application:

• details of the marriage or civil partnership and proof that you’ve paid money for some of its costs
  • proof that you’re planning to get married in the UK, for example a booking confirmation or emails between you and the venue
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i am aware of this visa i would like to know if they are granting this visa at this time
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.

Yes home office have resumed services so they are granting visas as normal.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 14 days ago.

Yes home office have resumed services so they are granting visas as normal