LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Are you able to help with immigration questions? Not so far,

Customer Question

Hi, are you able to help with immigration questions?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not so far, I want to get all the information I can before applying
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a bit of a unique situation - I'm registered disabled and a uk/NL dual national, my boyfriend is Moroccan
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.

Good morning, please go ahead with your question are you planning to bring your boyfriend to the U.K.?

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.

You can bring your boyfriend on marriage visitor visa if he is planning to come to the U.K. then once married you can apply for a spouse visa. As you are registered as disabled there is an exception with meeting the financial requirement.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

We don't feel ready for marriage yet, is he able to come over o a long term visa as a partner or fiance?

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.

Then he should look at visit visa for the mean time then later when your ready. He would be able to get 6 months in the U.K.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.

Please see link for visit visa.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Is our relationship and my disability still taken into account for the requirements?

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 8 days ago.

Visit visa is mainly focused on the ties your partner would have in his country and when he comes he can look after himself