How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 535
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I'm looking into applying for a UK passport as my father is

Customer Question

Hi I'm looking into applying for a UK passport as my father is English, What is the best way to go about this?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I' just currently looking into the whole thing, Im Irish
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I was hoping you could point me in the way of one please?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm currently in new Zealand on a visitor exemption visa And have you any idea what kind of fees are involved?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

Good evening, was your father British when you was born it yes than you can apply for naturalisation on this basis. The British citizenship fees are £1,012. I will send you the guidance on this.