How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 524
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I have been living in the UK since September 2016 and I

This answer was rated:

I have been living in the UK since September 2016 and I currently have the pre settle status. When can I apply for the settle status and then get the British citizenship? I am frenchMany thanks

Good morning, you will be able to apply for settled status once you have had continuous residence for 5 years in the U.K. then after a year apply for British citizenship.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Good morning. Do you know what documents do they required for the settled status ?

When you apply, you’ll need proof of:

  • your identity
  • your residence in the UK, unless you have a valid permanent residence document, or valid indefinite leave to remain in or enter the UK

You need a valid passport or national identity card. You also need to provide a digital photo of your face.

If you’re not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you can use any of the following:

Please see link with guidance on this.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your reply

Glad to be of assistance today. Kind regards