LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I have been living in the UK since September 2016 and I

I have been living in the UK since September 2016 and I currently have the pre settle status. When can I apply for the settle status and then get the British citizenship? I am frenchMany thanks

Good morning, you will be able to apply for settled status once you have had continuous residence for 5 years in the U.K. then after a year apply for British citizenship.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Good morning. Do you know what documents do they required for the settled status ?

When you apply, you’ll need proof of:

• your identity
  • your residence in the UK, unless you have a valid permanent residence document, or valid indefinite leave to remain in or enter the UK

You need a valid passport or national identity card. You also need to provide a digital photo of your face.

If you’re not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you can use any of the following:

Please see link with guidance on this.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your reply

Glad to be of assistance today. Kind regards