How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 786
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

Living in Uk on EEA family permit for six months,

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** in Uk on EEA family permit for six months
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Yeah..currently in Uk but I am from fiancé is polish citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: About EEA residence card
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
We have applied for residence card but received a letter from home office saying that they’re unable to confirm my right to work in Uk and my afraids are my visa will expire in feb 2021 but then again is there any chance they’ll refuse this application as well?? Like when they refused in past for my EEA family permit then we had to go through an appeal ?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

Good morning, my name is*****’m an immigration lawyer in the UK and I’m happy to help with your question today. Thank you!

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

If you already made an application for an EEA residence card, even if your visa expires in February 2021, until the Home Office makes a decision you will not be regarded as an overstayer, so please do not worry about this.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

With regards ***** ***** right to work, if you are not married to your partner yet, most likely this is the reason why they did not provide a right of work in their letter yet. This will not affect their decision in any way if all other documents are correct and in order.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, what are the chances of getting a EEA residence card during these days?? Are they going to give us a options like again for appeal or something like that??
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

If you have submitted all the documents according to the requirements of the Home Office, I do not see a reason why they would refuse your application.

With regards ***** ***** appeal, it depends on the case and background of your case, I am afraid I can not answer this question.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thank you so much for your responses
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 14 days ago.

You are most welcome. Good luck

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We have provided our current rental agreement under one roof, my partner’s payslips, his employment letter, our relationship evidence photos whatsap chat and other letters, bank statements, some address proof letters, both passports, passport size photos, support letter and fees
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Since home office confirmed with certificate of application letter that they’re unable to confirm my right to work in the UK but I want to do some volunteer work in British heart foundation or any other place so can I do some volunteer work or not???
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 10 days ago.

You may check the letter the home office sent you. Directions of where you may work and you may not, will be stated there.