LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I received 3 speeding point in July 2020 does it affect to

Customer Question

Hi i received 3 speeding point in July 2020 does it affect to apply british CITIZENSHIP?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in uk I have Pakistani nationality
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes one more question I had refugee 5year visa i applied for ILR now can i travel to home country after getting ILR?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

Good morning. If you have received 3 speeding points you will have to declare on British citizenship application. It can affect application as you much show a good character requirement therefore under those circumstances you can write a supporting statement as to what’s changed for the good since you received the points.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 7 days ago.

As per the rules on refugee status you cannot travel to your country therefore if planning to apply for British citizenship it’s not advisable.