How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 547
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

If im medical discharge from the army after 8 months for

Customer Question

If im medical discharge from the army after 8 months for PTSD can I file for indefinite leave to remain
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: St vincent i have not made any paper work
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They state that mt Ptsd if from past truma
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Good morning, as per the rules you can apply for ILR on medical discharge if you have served 4 years of service with HM Forces.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

You should also have evidence in relation to the medical discharge.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

General eligibility requirements

  1. 11. The general eligibility requirements to be met as a discharged member of HM Forces are that:
    1. (a) the applicant:
      1. (i) has completed at least 4 years’ reckonable service in HM Forces; or
      2. (ii) meets the medical discharge criteria in paragraph 12; and
    2. (b) on the date on which the application is made:
      1. (i) the applicant has been discharged from HM Forces for a period of less than 2 years; or
      2. (ii) in the case of an applicant who was medically discharged more than 2 years before, new information regarding his or her prognosis is being considered by the Secretary of State; or
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Please see the link with the guidance on this.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 10 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help!